This was a post on Facebook so sharing here too as it got a lot of “likes”!
Someone just asked me this in an email: “Just a quick question – I was wondering how do you balance working a full time job, working on your own personal projects such as SEEDS, and then taking time for yourself and your family?”
So thought I’d share the short response in case of interest, written in a taxi quickly on way to Auckland airport, which was:
– Prioritise what is important and know what is not eg TV, probably not.
– Use time efficiently and eliminate ‘unproductive time’ eg make calls when waiting, in car, avoid meetings to ‘catch up’ (unless a clear purpose)
– Recycle content whenever possible eg podcast becomes article becomes blog post becomes email to someone recommending it
– Be kind always, give if you are asked and can help because that was you once, and remember, what goes around comes around
– be clear on your values and articulate two or three well then use them to help prioritise and frame your actions – I learned a lot on this from ‘Dare to Lead’ and summarised those learnings here: https://theseeds.nz/dare-to-lead-book-review/
Photo: Friendly Black Robin at Lake Daniells in the Lewis Pass 🌱😎